This week Nick and Simon review season one in advance of the September return of SUPfm series two.
This episode is sponsored by the National Watersports Festival 2015. Every year the UK resort of Hayling Island is given over to a weekend of SUP, windsurf and kite surfing. It’s a time for racing, fun events and partying by the sea. This year SUP takes it’s place squarely and firmly alongside it’s older sporting cousins, with a number of new events and all the top brands displaying their 2016 range for three days of serious stand up paddle action.
Nick and Simon review the episodes and guests who appeared in the first season of SUPfm.
- We start the review with Dave from Roatan Watersports in Honduras who discussed hammock technique.
- Tati Coco SUP is an explorer and teacher with a SUP enthusiasm which is hugely infectious.
- Susanne Lier is a European racer, coach, SUP entrepreneur and tells it how it is.
- Chase Kosterlitz talks about life in the train and the reality of being a top SUP athlete
- Anthony Heukmes spills the beans about SUP Trotters the stand up paddle equivalent of map my run
- Tez Plavenieks talks about stand up paddle board selection
- Charlie Howden for Expedition of the year here. This interview episode was the inspirational highlight of our first season.
Mentioned in this episode:
The SUPfm SUP Safety Course
Designed for beginner and intermediate level leisure paddlers we deliver the right safety topics, delivered with the appropriate level of detail. The course aims to help you become more confident and self-sufficient when you’re making your personal safety decisions.